Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life in Beirut

How do I even begin to explain the comfort I feel being here. No anxiety - no worries - just pure enjoyment. Enjoyment of life, love and of exploring and getting to know new people, places and cultures.
Sitting in a car last night, around 2 am, on my way home from a party in Broummana, I couldn't help but laugh and enjoy every moment. On my left was Jeremy, tired and almost falling asleep on my shoulder. To my right, Cedric, a Belgian man working for the European Commission, who just arrived in Beirut last week. The passenger, Ariella, a German student working at an internship with an NGO here in Beirut, and the driver, Georges - a wonderful Lebanese man who runs a jewelry store, and studied in Dallas, Texas for a few years. Here we are, listening to the Beach Boys, the Beatles, and some crazy techno.
French pervades the air, I try to pick up little words here and there. We all laugh and sing and clap along with the songs - sounding horrible, but not really giving a damn.
A truly, multi-cultural experience. and all of us really enjoying life and the moments that we found ourselves in, together.
These are the times that I will remember, sharing moments with people, from all cultures.
I was reminded last night to live in the moment. To believe in the universe, and have faith that you are in the right place, and that the world will help to conspire to fulfill your true needs.
I know that I will find what I need here, and that I will enjoy all the moments in between.
I wish everyone the same peace, trust, and love of this world, the universe, and of the little moments, that I experience every day!

No comments: